What's New in the 7th Edition of HCM - Highway Capacity Manual (2022)
When: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM ET
This webinar is led by McTrans Center and delivered by ITE.
This webinar is developed for transportation professionals who want to understand the major changes in the methods published in the 7th Edition (2022) of the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM).
Experienced instructors who were directly involved in developing or peer-reviewing the new methods will provide a comprehensive summary of the major changes in the new methods, highlighting their applications, required inputs, and expected outputs.
- Methods for forecasting the effects of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) on the capacity of freeways, signalized intersections, and roundabouts
- A completely updated two-lane highway analysis method
- A new Network Analysis method that allows the analysis of multiple facilities, as well as the analysis of queue spillback effects from one facility to another (e.g., from urban streets to freeways)
- A new pedestrian level of service measure for uncontrolled pedestrian crossings that are sensitive to the type(s) of safety countermeasures provided
- New signalized intersection pedestrian delay methods for two-stage crossings, two-leg crossings, closed pedestrian crossings, exclusive pedestrian phases, and more
- Analytical evaluation methods for urban street active transportation and demand management (ATDM) measures
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Be familiar with the methodological changes in the HCM 7th Edition
- Understand the applications of the new methods for real-world use cases
- Stay up to date with new features provided by the HCM and HCS
- Behzad Aghdashi, PhD, PMP | Director | McTrans Center
- Fabio Sasahara, PhD, PMP | Associate Director, Outreach and Training Team Lead | McTrans Center
ITE Members: Free
Registration for webinar includes the live event, an archived recording with access for 30 days to each registrant. If you are a non-member of ITE you will need to create an account to register. You can create an account here.
NEW policy: All ITE individual live webinars are free to members to attend. PDHs not included in registration; please see PDH Credit Certificate section for more information on receiving PDHs.
PDH Credit Certificate: If you would like PDH Credit for this webinar, there is a processing fee for each registrant of $20 regardless of membership status to receive 1.5 PDH credits certificate.
Instructions and link will be provided at the conclusion of the live event. For the on-demand recording, instructions will be provided in the Resources tab of the live event page to purchase the evaluation to complete and receive the PDH credit certificate. Participants are able to purchase and retrieve their certificate until their access to the content expires. After the content expires and goes into archive, the certificate opportunity is forfeit.