Transit Responses to COVID-19
When: Thursday, May 6, 2021 -- 2:00 - 3:30 PM EDT
This webinar is led by the ITE Transit Standing Committee.
This webinar will provide insights of national trends and major developments in the area of public transportation. Additionally, we will hear from engineering directors from major US transit agencies, who will discuss their respective department’s agencies actions to COVID-19 in their cities.
Discussions will include innovative service scheduling approaches, real-time ridership tracking approaches, technology and service communication advancement, efficient maintenance, cleaning and disinfecting methodologies. We will focus on the physical or digital infrastructure, including lessons learned and ‘what to expect’ in years to come.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Recognize the technological and engineering-related challenges that transit agencies have confronted due to COVID-19.
- Identify tools, treatments, resources, and best practices of transit responses to COVID-19 related challenges.
- Describe the impacts of the measures taken by transit agencies on operations, quality of service, rider’s experience, safety, and public health.
- Identify lesson learned from implemented measures and transit (operation) projects related to COVID-19.
- Brian Alberts, Director of Safety | American Public Transportation Association (APTA) | Washington, DC, United States
- Elad Mokady, AICP, Senior Transportation Planner | Sam Schwartz Engineering | New York, New York, United States
- Kimberly J. Williams, Chief Innovation Officer | Metro (Houston, TX) | Houston, Texas, United States
- Jerry Guaracino, Chief Engineer, Vehicles | Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority | Washington, DC, United States
ITE Members: $49.00
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH/CM credits, and a certificate of completion.
Discounted Group Pricing Available
ITE is offering as a member benefit a group pricing opportunity. If you are an ITE Member and want to sign up a group, you can do so at a discount. To learn more and take advantage of this opportunity click here. Register as a group of four or more and save!