The Safe Systems Approach to Speed Management: An Emerging Safety Trend in the US
When: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:00 - 2:30 PM ET
This webinar will cover how the Safe Systems approach started internationally, guides that exist for implementing Safe Systems infrastructure internationally that may be applied in part in the US, international case studies examples that are similar to the US, and current research taking place in the US on implementing the Safe Systems approach here. Participants will learn about what the Safe Systems approach is, existing resources and ways to apply Safe Systems in their work. This webinar will be 1.5 hours and will be a free webinar thanks to funding by the Road to Zero Coalition.
- Participants will learn about Safe Systems research and trends emerging in the U.S.
- Participants will hear international organizations with resources on Safe Systems approaches.
- Participants will gain an understanding of how international Safe Systems approaches may be applicable in the U.S.
- Participants will hear from cities applying Safe Systems toward improving safety through speed management and reducing serious injuries and fatalities toward Vision Zero.
- Wes Kumfer, Ph.D., Engineering Research Associate, UNC Highway Safety Research Center
- Claudia Adriazola-Steil, Director, Health and Road Safety Program, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- John Milton, World Road Association
- James Shahamiri, SFMTA
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credit and a certificate of completion