Safety Culture 101, a Road to Zero Coalition Webinar
When: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:00 am - 12:30 PM ET
This webinar is hosted by ITE on behalf of the Road to Zero Coalition.
The ‘Safety Culture 101’ webinar will offer an introduction on safety culture and transportation. The webinar will cover the following topics –
- Definitions and Principles of Safety Culture
- Cultivate Safety Culture – What & How
- Examples and Lessons Learned from Implementing Safety Culture
- Safety Culture and Safe Systems
This webinar should be of interest to individuals, public agencies, and organizations who would like to gain a better understanding on the concept of safety culture as a means to advance safety in the transportation profession.
- Summarize definitions and principles of Safety Culture for practitioners
- Describe how to cultivate Safety Culture within the transportation profession.
- Provide examples and lessons from implementing Safety Culture in the transportation system and vehicle technology.
- Begin to outline connections between Safety Culture and Safe Systems in Road to Zero work.
- Dr. Nicholas Ward, Professor, Montana State University
- Dr. John Milton, Director of Transportation Safety and System Analysis, Washington State Department of Transportation
- Kristin Kingsley, Director of Safety, Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- David Liu, Regulatory Safety Manager, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Dr. David Yang, Executive Director, AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
This includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.
Please note: Additional Live Webinar Attendees at one location are eligible for earning credit for attending. There is a processing fee of $15 members/$25 non-members to receive the credit.