A Complete Streets Framework for Allocating Road Space
When: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 -- 2:00 - 3:30 PM ET
This webinar is led by the ITE Complete Streets Council.
As cities increasingly adopt Complete Streets Policies, it is left to the practitioner to implement those policies in a real world environment where there are often competing modal demands on the scarce right of way resource. This webinar will feature four case studies on how cities in North America have reached decisions for allocating right of way space in challenging project environments. The case studies span a variety of city sizes and roadway contexts – from neighborhood collector streets to downtown arterial roadways. The subject experts will report on a variety of strategies that were employed to move from guiding policy to design and implementation and will describe the strategies that led to project success.
The four presentations will be:
- The Road to Western Avenue (Cambridge)
- Transforming a City: Complete Street Designs in Victoria, BC
- Re-establishing a Sense of Place (South Bend)
- Taking the (Travel) Lane: Reimagining Bryant Avenue South (Minneapolis)
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Learn how to apply Complete Street principles to space allocation
- Gain insight into the evaluate of compliance with guiding documents
- Determine how to provide alternatives for modal priorities that cannot be achieved on the corridor
- Identify strategies for successfully engaging stakeholders during the design development phase
- Acquire techniques for designing placemaking features to support animation and experiences
Moderator: Tyler Golly, Western Canada Market Lead | Toole Design | Edmonton, Canada
- Bill Deignan, Transportation Program Manager | City of Cambridge Community Development Department | Cambridge, MA, USA
- Sarah Webb, Manager, Transportation Planning & Development | City of Victoria | Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Jitin Kain, Deputy Director, Public Works | City of South Bend Department of Public Works | South Bend, IN, USA
- Liz Heyman, Senior Transportation Planner | City of Minneapolis Department of Public Works | Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Jerome (Trey) Joiner, Associate Transportation Planner | City of Minneapolis Department of Public Works | Minneapolis, MN, USA
ITE Members: $49.00
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.
Group Pricing Available
ITE is offering as a member benefit a group pricing opportunity. If you are an ITE Member and want to sign up a group, you can do so at a discount. To learn more and take advantage of this opportunity click here.