Video Analytics towards Vision Zero
Worldwide problems demands bold action
- Worldwide 1.25 million people are killed annually in traffic accidents
- In 2016, road crashes resulted in 40,000 deaths and 4.6 million injuries in the United States.
- Crashes are preventable and we need not wait for someone to be killed or injured before we take action
Make a difference, teach computers to learn
- Unique opportunity to help prevent traffic crashes and save lives
- "Teach" our computers how to recognize vehicles, people walking and bicyclists
- Cities will be able to rapidly detect road conflicts and traffic engineers can then take preventative action to avoid crashes
To help the video analytics system learn to detect road conflicts, Microsoft is collaborating with the following partners to promote this crowdsourcing platform.