2013 Editorial Calendar
Contents and issue focus are subject to change
- Increasing Multi-Agency Training for Freeway Incident Management in Illinois
By Ryan Fries, P.E., Ph.D., Michael Williamson, E.I.T., Huaguo Zhou, P.E., Ph.D., Geno Koehler, and Brent Vaughn, P.E.
- A Model for Setting Credible Speed Limits in Urban Areas
By Lynda Bellalite, Ph.D.
- Connected Vehicle: Moving from Research to Deployment Scenarios
By Michelle Birdsall
February – Right-Size Parking
- Parking Requirements for Outpatient Cancer Care Centers
By John W. Dorsett, AICP, CPP
- Do Land Use, Transit, and Walk Access Affect Residential Parking Demand?
By Daniel Rowe, Ransford S. McCourt, P.E., PTOE, Stephanie Morse, and Peter Haas, Ph.D.
- Updating Parking Requirements to Address Evolving Place of Worship Trends
By Joshua Engel-Yan and Brian Hollingworth
- Vehicle Trip Generation Rates for Office Buildings Under Urban Settings
By Joonho Ko, Ph.D.
March – Bikelanes and Roadways
- ITE’s Bicycle Tour of the Netherlands: Insights and Perspectives
By Rock E. Miller, P.E., PTOE, Robert P. Murphy, P.E., PTOE, W. Hibbett Neel Jr., P.E., Jonathan A. Kiser, P.E., PTOE, PTP, Kornel Mucsi, Ph.D., P.Eng., and Maggie O’Mara, P.E.
- Encouraging Equitable Access to Public Bikesharing Systems
By Darren Buck
- Evaluation of Intelligent Transportation System Operations Using Logistic Regression Models
By Gummada Murthy, P.E., Jian John Lu, Ph.D., P.E., and Lakshminarayan Rajaram, Ph.D.
April – Metropolitan Mobility
- Measuring the Street: New Metrics for 21st Century Streets
By New York City DOT
- Development of a Comprehensive Road Weather Safety Audit Program
By Xiao Qin, Ph.D., P.E., David A. Noyce, Ph.D., P.E., Chase E. Cutler, and Ghazan Khan, Ph.D.
- LeadershipITE—The Future of ITE
By Michael P. Sanderson, P.E., PTOE and James A. Robertson
- Metropolitan Mobility-A Conversation with Metropolitan Transportation Directors: Highlights
- Congestion and Unreliability: More Than One Way to Say “My Commute Stinks”
By Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI)
May – Land Use and Health
- Complete Streets: Be the Advocate -
Interview with Transportation Engineer Mike Sewell
- Parklets – Providing Space for People to Park…Themselves
By Michelle Birdsall
- Active Living—The Nexus of Transportation and Health
- Ramp Crossover Interchange: Developing the Hybrid Unconventional Interchange
By Puskar P. Kar and Avijit Maji
- Active Living Research – Using Evidence to Prevent Childhood Obesity and Create Active Communities
By Debbie Lou
- Planning a Bike to School Day Event
June – Engineering Judgment
July – Technology/Future of Transportation
August – Topics from AM/Leadership
September – Funding/Doing More with Less
October – Award Papers
November – Accountability or Public Private Partnership
December – Culture Change