ITE/RWJF Technical Advisory Committee
ITE has established a core group of professionals (both transportation and non-transportation professionals) to serve as a technical advisory committee (TAC) to guide the development of a series of technical resources aimed at promoting this message. The criteria for participation included: (1) representation from regions where childhood obesity is prevalent; (2) the ability to attend local ITE meetings; and (3) demonstrated interest or activity-related to research, design or policy-development that focuses on the nexus of multimodal facilities and health.
The specific role of TAC members is to solicit and review abstracts for conferences and develop technical sessions for ITE national meetings; identify stakeholder subject matter experts; collect best practices, informational pieces and case studies; and provide review of final informational materials. TAC members also serve as the initial group to present and conduct outreach and education within their region at ITE local meetings.
A roster of the technical advisory committee is provided below:
- Monica L. Baskin, Ph.D., Division of Preventive Medicine, UAB School of Medicine, Associate Professor, Birmingham, AL, USA
- William J. Davis, Ph.D., P.E., The Citadel, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Charleston, SC, USA
- Martha J. Droge, ASLA, AICP, LEED AP, Community Assistance Programs - Pacific West Region National Park Service, LWCF/UPARR Project Manager, Seattle, WA, USA
- Session speaker: “Designing Healthy Streets for Active Living” at ITE’s 2010 Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Kelly Evenson, University of North Carolina (NC)–Chapel Hill, Research Professor, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
- Stephen R. Ferranti, P.E., PTOE, SRF & Associates, Principal, Rochester, NY, USA
- Michael G. Galbraith, AICP, PTP, H.W. Lochner, Inc. Consulting Engineers and Planners, Senior Project Manager–Planning, Lexington, KY, USA
- John Hemingway, P.Eng., PTOE, Hatch Mott MacDonald, Senior Project Manager, Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Noreen C. McDonald, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of North Carolina (NC)–Chapel Hill, Associate Professor, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
- Leslie A. Meehan, AICP, Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, Senior Transportation Planner, Nashville, TN, USA
- Jason A. Mendoza, MD, MPH, USDA/ARS Children's Nutrition Research Center and Academic General Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Houston, TX, USA
- Rock E. Miller, P.E., PTOE, Stantec, Principal, Orange, CA, USA
- 2012 ITE International President - Elect.
- Brian Patterson, Urban Systems Ltd., Planner, Richmond, BC, Canada
- Robert Ping, Safe Routes to School National Partnership, State Network Director, Portland, OR, USA
- Eloisa Raynault, American Public Health Association (APHA), Transportation, Health and Equity Program Manager, Washington, DC, USA
- James F. Sallis, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, San Diego State University | Director, Active Living Research, San Diego, CA, USA
- Virginia P. Sisiopiku, Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham, Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering, Associate Professor, Transportation Program Director, Birmingham, AL, USA
- Peter A. Truch, P.Eng., PTOE, City of Calgary, Senior Transportation Engineer, Calgary, AB, Canada